There are 2 kinds of people in the world…those who love selfies and those who hate selfies. Which one are you?
“With the selfies, a photographer has finally found his place in a photograph.” Amit Kalantri
1.No one around to take the picture! This is so true for me, I work alone most of the time and have nobody to take pictures of me!
2. Shows Confidence not narcissism as the world would have us believe, the people who wrote those articles are boring psychologists who don’t have lives and probably 15 cats!
3. Not everyone is going to like your face but some people do. I know this because of the message requests I get from Kazakhstan and occasional soldiers in Iraq.
4. Shows my expression or mood for the day so you can feel like you with me! It’s magical really as you can be in many places at one time! Read that again it’s brilliant!
5. Others are jealous because you are comfortable in your own skin. Just like not everyone will appreciate the humour of this post, not everyone is going to like seeing your selfies and that’s ok but it doesn’t mean we must stop talking to them!
6. Our phones are used as mirrors to discreetly check our make up or if we have food stuck in our teeth!
7.It is a way of passing time when in queues. Try pulling different faces or using different poses! YOu may even get some tips for the show!?
8. It’s a great way of making memories especially when there is a spectacular background. Background says a lot!
9. It is a way of looking at ourselves and saying affirmations for the day!
10. We have to send pictures to our loved ones throughout the day to keep the passion alive!
These people are just sad ….. ( I’m just kidding, you guys are ok! just don’t get in my selfie shot! mwah haha)
So to the man who told me selfies are “just weird” maybe it’s you who are weird? but you know what I don’t discriminate, you are still loved!
Captions to use
- “If you were looking for a sign, here it is.”
- “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
- “Be yourself, there’s no one better.”
- “Hello, it’s me”
- “Look for the magic in every moment.
- ” I am my favourite person”
- “Soul full of sunshine
- “Did I roll my eyes out loud”
- “Be good, do good, look good”
- “Bad Hair Day”
This can be fun, while you do not want a social media account, ONLY of your face! They can be a fun way of creating interesting content. Possibly do a lipstick of the day post if you are a beauty blogger. If you are a musician, it’s fun to use old LP covers with faces on them attached to your body. If you are a baker, come on! You need a picture of you taking a big bite out of your own product! See? The possibilities are endless!
Some Dos and Dont’s
Now get practising! Use a timer if you need to. Don’t fret the small stuff, don’t overthink it. Get some good editing apps on your phone. There are a few like Snapseed and PicsArt. Always be careful of what is in the background of your photo. Please, please, please do not under any circumstance overuse filters so that you look like a sex doll from the future! Be you, show the good, the bad and the ugly! Authenticity goes a long way!
What are your selfie views? Please share your thoughts and comments